Friday, May 29, 2009

John 14:1-3

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

Do not let your hearts be troubled
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Trust
John 3:15 "...that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life."

in God
Psalm 4:5 Offer right sacrifices and trust in the LORD.

I am going there
John 13:33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come."
John 13:36 Simon Peter asked him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus replied "Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later."
John 16:5 "Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, 'Where are you going?'"

I will come back
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
John 14:28 "You heard me say, ' I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."
Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done."

that you also may be where I am
John 12:26 "Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment