Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Isaiah 42:16

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

I will lead
Isaiah 29:24 Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding; those who complain will accept instruction.
Isaiah 40:11 He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 57:18 I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him,
Isaiah 58:11 The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
Luke 1:78-79 "...because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

the blind
Isaiah 32:3 Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen.

I will turn the darkness into light
Psalm 18:28 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
Isaiah 58:8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Acts 26:18 "...to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me."

and make the rough places smooth
Isaiah 26:7 The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth.
Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill made low. The crooked roads shall become straight, the rough ways smooth.

I will not forsake
Deuteronomy 4:31 For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.
Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Deut. 31:6)

NOTES:
blind - Isaiah 42:19-20
rough places smooth - Isaiah 40:4
not forsake - Isaiah 40:27, Isaiah 49:14, Isaiah 54:8

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment