Thursday, May 14, 2009

Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Search me
Job 31:6 ...let God weigh me in honest scales and he will know that I am blameless--

and know my heart
1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.
1 Chronicles 29:17 I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. (David regarding the gifts for the temple)
Psalm 7:9 O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure.
Proverbs 17:3 The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.
Jeremiah 11:20 But, O LORD Almighty, you who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance upon them (those who plotted against Jeremiah), for to you I have committed my cause.
Revelation 2:23 I will strike her (Jezebel) children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

See if there is any offensive way
Jeremiah 25:5 They said, "Turn now, each of you from your evil ways and your evil practices, and you can stay in the land the LORD gave to you and your fathers for ever and ever.
Jeremiah 36:3 Perhaps when the people of Judah hear about every disaster I plan to inflict on them, each of them will turn from his wicked way; then I will forgive their wickedness and their sin.

and lead me
Psalm 5:8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make straight your way before me.
Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters.
Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Notes:
Psalm 94:19
Psalm 16:9-11

(words in parentheses are mine for clarification purposes)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment