Tuesday, August 2, 2022

2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 Part 1 of 3

So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

stand firm
1 Corinthians 16:13  Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
1 Corinthians 1:8  He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22  Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
Galatians 5:1  It is for freedom that Christ has set us free, Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you 
1 Corinthians 11:2  I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.
1 Corinthians 11:23-26  For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.
1 Corinthians 15:2-3  By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, ...
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment