Wednesday, July 13, 2022

2 Thessalonians 1:3-5 Part 1 of 3

We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing. Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
 
We ought always to thank God for you
Romans 1:8  First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.   
1 Corinthians 1:4  I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 1:16  I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
1 Thessalonians 2:13  And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe. 
2 Timothy 1:3  I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.

and the love all of you have for one another is increasing 
1 Thessalonians 3:12  May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.
Philippians 1:9-10  And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, ...
1 Thessalonians 4:9  Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.

Therefore, among God's churches we boast 
2 Corinthians 7:14  I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

about your perseverance and faith 
1 Thessalonians 1:3  We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment