Saturday, June 25, 2022

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 Part 3 of 3

According to the Lord's word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
 
and the dead in Christ will rise first
1 Corinthians 15:22-23  For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
Mark 13:27  "And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens."
Revelation 14:13  Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."  "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."

After that, we who are still alive and are left 
1 Corinthians 15:52  --in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

will be caught up together with them in the clouds 
Acts 1:9  After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
Revelation 11:11-12  But after three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

and so we will be with the Lord forever 
John 12:26  "Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."
John 17:24  "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."

Therefore encourage one another with these words 
1 Thessalonians 5:11  Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment