Saturday, January 8, 2022

Romans 9:25-29 Part 1 of 3

As he says in Hosea: "I will call them 'my people' who are not my people; and I will call her 'my loved one' who is not my loved one," and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.' " Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only a remnant will be saved. For the Lord will carry out his sentence on earth with speed and finality." It is just as Isaiah said previously: "Unless the Lord Almighty had left us descendants, we would have become like Sodom, we would have been like Gomorrah."
 
"I will call them 'my people' who are not my people; and I will call her 'my loved one' who is not my loved one," 
Hosea 2:23  "I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called' Not my loved one.' I will say to those called 'Not my people,'  'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God.' "
1 Peter 2:10  Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 
 
"In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.' " 
Hosea 1:10  "Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' they will be called 'children of the living God.' "
Matthew 16:16  Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." 
Jeremiah 10:10  But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King. When he is angry, the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure his wrath. 
Acts 14:15  "Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them."
Hebrews 10:31  It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
 
Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea 
Genesis 22:17-18  "I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." 
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment