Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Romans 9:19-21 Part 1 of 2

One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?" But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' " Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

One of you will say to me 
Romans 11:19-21  You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.
1 Corinthians 15:35  But someone will ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?"
James 2:18  But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds."

Then why does God still blame us? 
Romans 3:7  Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?"

For who is able to resist his will? 
2 Samuel 16:10  But the king (David) said, "What does this have to do with you, you sons of Zeruiah? If he is cursing because the LORD said to him, 'Curse David,' who can ask 'Why do you do this?' "
2 Chronicles 20:6  "LORD, the God of our ancestors, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you."
Daniel 4:34-35  At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation. All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: "What have you done?" 
Job 9:4  "His wisdom is profound, his power is vast. Who has resisted him and come out unscathed?"
Isaiah 14:24  The LORD Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen."

(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment