Sunday, January 30, 2022

Romans 11:11-12

Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!
 
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all!
Romans 11:1-2a  I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew.
 
Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles
Acts 13:46-48  Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For this is what the Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' (Isaiah 49:6) When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.
Acts 22:21  "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go, I will send you far away to the Gentiles.' "
Acts 26:19-20  "So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven. First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds."
Acts 28:28  "Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!" 

to make Israel envious 
Romans 11:13-14  I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.
Romans 10:19  Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding." (Deuteronomy 32:21)

But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles 
Romans 11:25  I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, ...
 
(parentheses are mine)
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment