Monday, January 3, 2022

Romans 9:14-18 Part 1 of 2

What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy. For Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
 
 What shall we say? 
Romans 8:21  What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Is God unjust? Not at all! 
2 Chronicles 19:7  "Now let the fear of the LORD be on you. Judge carefully, for with the LORD our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery."

and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion 
Exodus 33:18-20  Then Moses said, "Show me your glory." And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy 
Ephesians 2:8-9  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works so that no one can boast.
Titus 3:4-5a  But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment