Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Romans 10:19-21

Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding." And Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me." But concerning Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people."
 
I will make you envious by those who are not a nation
Romans 11:11  Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make them envious.
Romans 11:13-14  I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.
 
I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding 
Deuteronomy 32:21  "They made me jealous by what is no god and angered me with their worthless idols. I will make them envious by those who are not a people; I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding." 
 
I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me 
Isaiah 65:1  "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I." 
Romans 9:30  What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; ... 
 
But concerning Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people." 
Isaiah 65:2  "All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations--..."
Isaiah 1:2  Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth! For the LORD has spoken: "I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me."
Psalm 78:7-8  Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands. They would not be like their ancestors--a stubborn and rebellious generation whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him. 
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment