Friday, June 11, 2021

John 19:28-30 Part 2 of 2

Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

A jar of wine vinegar was there
Psalm 69:21  They put gall in my food and gave me vinegar for my thirst.
Matthew 27:34  There they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.
Mark 15:23  Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it.
Matthew 27:48  Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink.
Mark 15:36  Someone ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down," he said.
Luke 23:36-37  The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, "If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself."

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." 
Luke 12:50  "But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed!"
John 4:34  "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."
John 17:4  "I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do."
John 10:17-18  "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment