Friday, June 26, 2015

PEACE Romans 12:18-19

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone 
Mark 9:50  "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt among yourselves, and be at peace with each other."
Romans 14:19  Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

Do not take revenge 
Romans 12:17  Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.
Leviticus 19:18  " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.' "
Proverbs 20:22  Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will avenge you.
Proverbs 24:29  Do not say, "I'll do to them what they have done to me; I'll pay them back for what they did."

"It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord 
Deuteronomy 32:35  "It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."
Genesis 50:19  But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God?"
1 Samuel 26:10  "As surely as the LORD lives," he (David) said, "the LORD himself will strike him (Saul), or his time will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish."
Psalm 94:1  The LORD is a God who avenges. O God who avenges, shine forth.
Jeremiah 51:36  Therefore this is what the LORD says: "See, I will defend your cause and avenge you; I will dry up her (Babylon's) sea and make her springs dry."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment