Thursday, June 11, 2015

PEACE Malachi 2:5-6 Part 1 of 3

"My covenant was with him (Levi, alluding to Phinehas, Aaron's grandson), a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin." 

a covenant of life and peace 
Deuteronomy 33:9  "He (referring to the Levites) said of his father and mother, 'I have no regard for them.' He did not recognize his brothers or acknowledge his own children, but he watched over your word and guarded your covenant."
Psalm 25:10  All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
Psalm 103:17-18  But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
Matthew 26:28  "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
Luke 22:20  In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."
Hebrews 7:22  Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.
Numbers 25:12  "Therefore tell him (Phinehas) I am making my covenant of peace with him."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment