Saturday, June 13, 2015

PEACE Malachi 2:5-6 Part 3 of 3

"My covenant was with him (Levi, alluding to Phinehas, Aaron's grandson), a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin."  

He walked with me 
Genesis 5:22  After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters.

in peace 
Luke 2:14  "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."
John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
Galatians 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

and uprightness 
Psalm 25:21  May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, LORD, is in you.

and turn many from sin 
Romans 11:13-14  I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.
James 5:19-20  My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment