Wednesday, June 3, 2015

PEACE Ezekiel 13:10-11 Part 1 of 2

" 'Because they lead my people astray, saying, "Peace," when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth.' " 

Because they lead my people astray 
Jeremiah 23:13  "Among the prophets of Samaria I saw this repulsive thing: They prophesied by Baal and led my people astray."
Jeremiah 50:6  "My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place."

"Peace," when there is no peace 
Jeremiah 4:10  Then I said, "Alas, Sovereign LORD! How completely you have deceived this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats!"
Ezekiel 13:15-16  " 'So I will pour out my wrath against the wall and against those who covered it with whitewash. I will say to you, "The wall is gone and so are those who whitewashed it, those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her when there was no peace, declares the Sovereign LORD." ' "
Jeremiah 6:14 and 8:11  "They dress the wound of my people as if it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say when there is no peace."

and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash 
Ezekiel 7:25  "When terror comes, they will seek peace in vain."
Ezekiel 13:13-14  " 'Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury. I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash and will level it to the ground so that its foundation will be laid bare. When it falls, you will be destroyed in it; and you will know that I am the LORD.' "
Ezekiel 22:28  "Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says'--when the LORD has not spoken."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment