Wednesday, September 3, 2014

GLORY Psalm 149:5-9 Part 2 of 3

Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds. May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands, to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with fetters, and their nobles with shackles of iron, to carry out the sentence written against them--this is the glory of all his faithful people. Praise the LORD.  

in their hands 
Nehemiah 4:16-18  From that day on, half of my men did the work, while the other half were equipped with spears, shields, bows and armor. The officers posted themselves behind all the people of Judah who were building the wall. Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other, and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked. But the man who sounded the trumpet stayed with me.

to inflict vengeance on the nations 
Numbers 31:3  So Moses said to the people, "Arm some of your men to go to war against the Midianites so that they may carry out the LORD's vengeance on them."
Deuteronomy 32:40-41  "I lift my hand to heaven and solemnly swear: As surely as I live forever, when I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me."

and punishment on the peoples 
Psalm 81:15  "Those who hate the LORD would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment