Friday, September 5, 2014

GLORY Proverbs 19:11

A person's wisdom yields patience; it is to one's glory to overlook an offense. 

A person's wisdom yields patience 
2 Kings 5:11-12  But Naaman went away angry and said, "I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hands over the spot and cure me of my leprosy. Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? Couldn't I wash in them and be cleansed?" So he turned and went off in a rage.
Proverbs 14:29  Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.
Proverbs 15:18  A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but one who is patient calms a quarrel.
Proverbs 16:32  Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one who takes a city.
Ecclesiastes 7:9  Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
James 1:19-20  My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

it is to one's glory to overlook an offense 
Proverbs 12:16  Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult.
Proverbs 29:11  Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.
2 Samuel 16:11-12  David then said to Abishai and all his officials, "My son, my own flesh and blood, is trying to kill me. How much more, then, this Benjamite! Leave him alone; let him curse, for the LORD has told him to. It may be that the LORD will look upon my misery and restore to me his covenant blessing instead of his curse today." (see 2 Samuel 16:5-14)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment