Tuesday, September 23, 2014

GLORY Isaiah 42:8

"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols." 

I am the LORD 
Psalm 81:10  "I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."
Isaiah 43:3-4  "For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life."
Isaiah 43:11-12  "I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed--I and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God."
Isaiah 43:15  "I am the LORD, your Holy One, Israel's Creator, your King."
Isaiah 46:9  "Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."
Isaiah 49:23  "Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground; they will lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed.

that is my name 
Exodus 3:14-15  God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' " God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation."
Exodus 6:3  "I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself fully known to them."

I will not yield my glory to another 
Isaiah 48:11  "For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another."

or my praise to idols 
Exodus 8:10  "Tomorrow," Pharaoh said. Moses replied, "It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God."
Exodus 20:4  "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment