Tuesday, September 30, 2014

GLORY Isaiah 48:11

"For my own sake, for my own sake I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another." 

For my own sake 
1 Samuel 12:22  "For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own."
Isaiah 37:35  "I will defend this city and save it, for my sake and for the sake of David my servant!"

How can I let myself be defamed? 
Leviticus 18:21  " 'Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.' "
Deuteronomy 32:26-27  "I said I would scatter them and erase their name from human memory, but I dreaded the taunt of the enemy, lest the adversary misunderstand and say, 'Our hand has triumphed; the LORD has not done all this.' "
Jeremiah 14:7  Although our sins testify against us, do something, LORD, for the sake of your name. For we have often rebelled; we have sinned against you.
Jeremiah 14:21  For the sake of your name do not despise us; do not dishonor your glorious throne. Remember your covenant with us and do not break it.
Ezekiel 20:9  " 'But for the sake of my name I brought them out of Egypt. I did it to keep from being profaned in the eyes of the nations among whom they lived and in whose sight I had revealed myself to the Israelites.' "
Ezekiel 20:14  " 'But for the sake of my name I did what would keep it from being profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I brought them out.' "
Ezekiel 20:22  " 'But I withheld my hand, and for the sake of my name I did what would keep it from being profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out.' "
Ezekiel 20:44  " 'You will know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name's sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices, you people of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

I will not yield my glory to another 
Isaiah 42:8  "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment