Tuesday, November 17, 2020

John 8:41-42

"You are doing the works of your own father."  "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me." 

You are doing the works of your own father 
John 8:38  "I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father."
John 8:44  "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

The only Father we have is God himself 
Isaiah 63:16  But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.
Isaiah 64:8  Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

If God were your Father, you would love me 
1 John 5:1  Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

for I have come here from God 
John 13:3  Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; ...
John 16:27-28  "No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."

I have not come on my own 
John 7:28-29  Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, "Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him because I am from him and he sent me."

God sent me 
John 3:17  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 6:29  Jesus answered, "The work of God is this, to believe in the one he has sent."
John 17:8  "For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment