Thursday, May 21, 2020

Colossians 4:7-9

Tychicus will tell you all the news about me. He is a dear brother, a faithful minister and fellow servant in the Lord. I am sending him to you for the express purpose that you may know about our circumstances and that he may encourage your hearts. He is coming with Onesimus, our faithful and dear brother, who is one of you. They will tell you everything that is happening here. 

Tychicus will tell you all the news about me 
Acts 20:3b-4  Because some Jews had plotted against him (Paul) just as he was about to sail for Syria, he decided to go back through Macedonia. He was accompanied by Sopater son of Pyrrhus from Berea, Aristarchus and Secundus from Thessalonica, Gaius from Derbe, Timothy also, and Tychicus and Trophimus from the province of Asia.
Ephesians 6:21  Tychicus, the dear brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will tell you everything, so that you also may know how I am and what I am doing.
Titus 3:12  As soon as I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis, because I have decided to winter there.

He is a dear brother, a faithful minister and fellow servant in the Lord 
Ephesians 6:22  I am sending him (Tychicus) to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage you.
Colossians 1:7  You learned it (the true message of the gospel) from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, ...

I am sending him to you for the express purpose that you may know about our circumstances and that he may encourage your hearts 
Colossians 2:2-3  My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 

He is coming with Onesimus, our faithful and dear brother 
Philemon 8-10  Therefore, although in Christ I could be bold and order you to do what you ought to do, yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love. It is as none other than Paul--an old man and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus--that I appeal to you for my son Onesimus, who became my son while I was in chains.

who is one of you 
Colossians 4:12  Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment