Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Colossians 4:2-4 Part 4 of 4

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.  

for which I am in chains 
Acts 20:23  "I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me." 
Acts 21:33  The commander came up and arrested him and ordered him to be bound with two chains. Then he asked who he was and what he had done.
Acts 22:29  Those who were about to interrogate him withdrew immediately. The commander himself was alarmed when he realized that he had put Paul, a Roman citizen, in chains. 
Ephesians 6:19-20  Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. 
2 Timothy 2:8-9  Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment