Thursday, April 9, 2020

Colossians 1:28-29 Part 1 of 2

He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. 

He is the one we  proclaim, admonishing 
Colossians 3:16  Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

and teaching everyone with all wisdom 
1 Corinthians 2:6-8  We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No we declare God's wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ 
Matthew 5:48  "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
Ephesians 5:17  ... and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

To this end I strenuously contend 
1 Corinthians 15:10  But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder that all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.
2 Corinthians 11:23-27  Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea. I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment