Sunday, April 5, 2020

Colossians 1:24-27 Part 1 of 4

Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness--the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord's people. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 

Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you 
2 Corinthians 6:10  ... sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
Matthew 5:12  "Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
2 Corinthians 7:4  I have spoken to you with great frankness; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.
Philippians 2:17  But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.
Philippians 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
1 Thessalonians 1:6  You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.

and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions 
2 Corinthians 1:5  For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:10  We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
Romans 8:17  Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Philippians 3:10  I want to know Christ--yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, ...
1 Peter 4:13  But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment