Friday, May 13, 2016

Psalm 18:41-42

They cried for help, but there was no one to save them--to the LORD, but he did not answer. I beat them as fine as windblown dust; I trampled them like mud in the streets.

They cried for help, but there was no one to save them 
2 Kings 14:26-27  The LORD had seen how bitterly everyone in Israel, whether slave or free, was suffering; and there was no one to help them. And since the LORD had not said he would blot out the name of Israel from under heaven, he saved them by the hand of Jeroboam son of Jehoash.
Psalm 50:22-23  "Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you: Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation."

to the LORD, but he did not answer 
1 Samuel 8:18  "When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the LORD will not answer you in that day."
1 Samuel 14:37  So Saul asked God, "Shall I go down and pursue the Philistines? Will you give them into Israel's hand?" But God did not answer him that day.
Jeremiah 11:11  "Therefore this is what the LORD says: 'I will bring on them a disaster they cannot escape. Although they cry out to me, I will not listen to them.' "

I beat them as fine as windblown dust 
Deuteronomy 9:21  Also I (Moses) took that sinful thing of yours, the calf you had made, and burned it in the fire. Then I crushed it and ground it to powder as fine as dust and threw the dust into a stream that flowed down the mountain.
Isaiah 2:22  Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem?

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment