Wednesday, May 9, 2012

FEAR Isaiah 51:7-8

"Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have taken my instruction to heart: Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults. For the moth will eat them up like a garment; the worm will devour them like wool. But my righteousness will last forever, my salvation through all generations."

Hear me, you who know what is right 
Isaiah 51:1  "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; ..."

you people who have taken my instruction to heart 
Deuteronomy 6:6  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.
Psalm 119:11  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults 
Psalm 119:39  Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good.
Isaiah 50:7  Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.
Isaiah 54:4  "Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood."
Matthew 5:11  "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."
Luke 6:22  "Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man."
Acts 5:41  The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.

For the moth will eat them up like a garment 
Job 13:28  "So man wastes away like something rotten, like a garment eaten by moths."
James 5:2  Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.

the worm will devour them like wool 
Isaiah 14:11  All your pomp has been brought down to the grave, along with the noise of your harps; maggots are spread out beneath you and worms cover you.

But my righteousness will last forever 
Isaiah 51:6  "Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment