Wednesday, May 16, 2012

FEAR 2 Corinthians 5:11

Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others 
Job 23:13-16  "But he stands alone, and who can oppose him? He does whatever he pleases. He carries out his decree against me, and many such plans he still has in store. That is why I am terrified before him; when I think of all this, I fear him. God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me."
Hebrews 10:31  It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Hebrews 12:28-29  Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire." (Deuteronomy 4:24)
Jude 22-23  Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
2 Corinthians 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
Genesis 21:11  Abraham replied, "I said to myself, 'There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife.' "
Proverbs 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience
2 Corinthians 4:2  Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment