Thursday, March 31, 2011

LOVE Psalm 4:2

How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?

How long, O men, will you turn my glory
Exodus 16:7 ". . . and in the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?"
1 Samuel 4:21 She named the boy Ichabod, saying, "The glory has departed from Israel"--because of the capture of the ark of God and the deaths of her father-in-law and her husband.

into shame
2 Kings 19:26 " 'Their people, drained of power, are dismayed and put to shame. They are like plants in the field, like tender green shoots, like grass sprouting on the roof, scorched before it grows up.' "
Job 8:22 "Your enemies will be clothed in shame, and the tents of the wicked will be no more."
Psalm 35:26 May all who gloat over my distress be put to shame and confusion; may all who exalt themselves over me be clothed with shame and disgrace.

How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
Judges 2:17 Yet they would not listen to their judges but prostituted themselves to other gods and worshiped them. Unlike their fathers, they quickly turned from the way in which their fathers had walked, the way of obedience to the LORD's commands.
Psalm 31:6 I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
Jeremiah 13:24-25 "I will scatter you like chaff driven by the desert wind. This is your lot, the portion I have decreed for you," declares the LORD, "because you have forgotten me and trusted in false gods."
Jeremiah 16:19-20 O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good. Do men make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!"
Amos 2:4-5 This is what the LORD says: "For three sins of Judah, even for four, I will not turn back my wrath. Because they have rejected the law of the LORD and have not kept his decrees, because they have been led astray by false gods, by gods their ancestors followed, I will send fire upon Judah that will consume the fortresses of Jerusalem."

NOTES:
Read Philippians 4

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment