Sunday, March 13, 2011

LOVE Deuteronomy 30:19-20

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you
Deuteronomy 4:26 I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you this day that you will quickly perish from the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess. You will not live there long but will certainly be destroyed.

that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses
Deuteronomy 11:26-28 See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse--the blessing if you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn away from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known.

and that you may love the LORD your God
Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

For the LORD is your life
Deuteronomy 4:1 Hear now, O Israel, the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you.
Deuteronomy 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.
Deuteronomy 32:47 They are not just idle words for you--they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.
Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?
John 5:26 "For the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself."
Acts 17:28 " 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' "

he will give you many years in the land
Genesis 12:7 The LORD appeared to Abram and said, "To your offspring I will give this land." So he built an altar there to the LORD who had appeared to him.
Psalm 37:3 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

NOTES:
Deuteronomy 10:20; 31:28; 32:1, 46; Psalm 50:1; Isaiah 1:2

Read 2 Corinthians 11

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment