Monday, June 21, 2010

Philemon 4-7

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.

I always thank my God
Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.

as I remember you in my prayers
Romans 1:9b-10 ... how I constantly remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus
Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

and your love for all the saints
Colossians 1:4 ... because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints--...
1 Thessalonians 3:6 But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you.

Your love has given me great joy and encouragement
2 Corinthians 7:4 I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy know no bounds.
2 Corinthians 7:13 By all this we are encouraged. In addition to our own encouragement, we are especially delighted to see how happy Titus was, because his spirit has been refreshed by all of you.

because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints
Philemon 20 I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ.
Romans 15:32 ... so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed.
1 Corinthians 16:18 For they refreshed my spirit and yours also. Such men deserve recognition.

NOTES:
Philippians 1:3-4
Read Romans 8

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment