Friday, June 4, 2010

1 Timothy 1:12-14

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has given me strength
Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man
Acts 8:3 But Saul (later Paul) began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison.

I was shown mercy
1 Timothy 1:16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

because I acted in ignorance and unbelief
Acts 26:9 "I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Jesus of Nazareth."

The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly
2 Corinthians 4:15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus
2 Timothy 1:13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 1:3 We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

NOTES:
A blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man - Acts 9:1; 22:4-5; 26:10-11
Read Romans 8

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment