Sunday, September 27, 2009

Revelation 3:20-22

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

I stand at the door
Matthew 24:33 "Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door."
James 5:9 Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

if anyone hears my voice and opens the door
Luke 12:36 "... like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him."

I will come in
Romans 8:10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

To him who overcomes
John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I will give the right to sit with me on my throne
Matthew 19:28 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
Revelation 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
2 Timothy 2:12 ... if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

just as I overcame
Revelation 5:5 Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals."

He who has an ear, let him hear
Revelation 2:7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God." (Ephesus, also verses 2:11, 17, 26; 3:5, 12, 21)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment