Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Revelation 2:22-23

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds."

I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely
Revelation 17:2 "With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries."
Revelation 18:9 "When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her."

Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds
1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
1 Kings 8:39 "... then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with each man according to all he does, since you know his heart (for you alone know the hearts of all men), ..."
Psalm 139:1-2 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Proverbs 21:2 All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.
Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."
Luke 16:15 He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight."
Romans 8:27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
1 Thessalonians 2:4 On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts.

I will repay each of you according to your deeds
Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done."

NOTES:
bed of suffering - 1 Corinthians 11:29-30
he who searches hearts and minds - Psalm 7:9; Proverbs 24:12; Jeremiah 11:20; 17:10;
according to your deeds - Romans 2:6; Revelation 18:6; 20:12-13; 22:12

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment