Friday, September 11, 2009

Revelation 2:12-13

"To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: These are the words of him who has the sharp double-edged sword. I know where you live--where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city--where Satan lives."

To the angel of the church in Pergamum
Revelation 1:11 ... which said, "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

These are the words of him who has the sharp double-edged sword
Revelation 2:16 "Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth."
Revelation 1:16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

You did not renounce your faith in me
Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness
Revelation 1:5 ... and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, ...
Revelation 11:3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1260 days, clothed in sackcloth."

where Satan lives
Revelation 2:9 "I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan." [Smyrna]
Revelation 2:24 "Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you): ..."
Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

[brackets are mine]

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment