Monday, September 7, 2009

Revelation 2:3-6

"Yet you have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

You have persevered and endured hardships for my name
John 15:21 "They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me."

You have forsaken your first love
Jeremiah 2:2 "Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem: 'I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me and followed me through the desert, through a land not sown.'"
Matthew 24:12 "Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, ..."

Repent
Revelation 2:16 "Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth." (Pergamum)
Revelation 2:22 "So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways." (Thyatira)
Revelation 3:3 "Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you." (Sardis)
Revelation 3:19 "Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent." (Laodicea)

I will come to you and remove your lampstand
Revelation 1:20 "The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches."

You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans
Revelation 2:15 "Likewise you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans." (Pergamum)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment