Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Revelation 3:11-13

"I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

I am coming soon
Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done."

Hold on to what you have
Revelation 2:25 "Only hold on to what you have until I come." (Thyatira)

so that no one will take your crown
1 Corinthians 9:25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

Him who overcomes
John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I will make a pillar
Galatians 2:9 James, Peter and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews.

I will write on him the name of my God
Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.
Revelation 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

and the name of the city of my God
Ezekiel 48:35 "The distance all around will be 18,000 cubits. And the name of the city from that time on will be: THE LORD IS THERE."

the new Jerusalem
Galatians 4:26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.
Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

He who has an ear to hear
Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 22

NOTES:
I am coming soon: Revelation 1:1; 22:7, 12, 20; James 5:9
temple: Revelation 7:15

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment