Thursday, February 7, 2019

Revelation 9:20 Part 1 of 2

 "And behold, I am coming quickly. 
Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book."     
Revelation 22:7  NASB

The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 

The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent 
Revelation 2:20-21  "Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling."

the work of their hands 
Deuteronomy 4:28  There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell.
Deuteronomy 31:29  "For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall on you because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD and arouse his anger by what your hands have made."
Jeremiah 1:16  "I will pronounce my judgments on my people because of their wickedness in forsaking me, in burning incense to other gods and in worshiping what their hands have made."
Micah 5:13  "I will destroy your idols and your sacred stones from among you; you will no longer bow down to the work of your hands."
Acts 7:41  "That was the time they made an idol in the form of a calf. They brought sacrifices to it and reveled in what their own hands had made."

they did not stop worshiping demons 
1 Corinthians 10:20  No, but the sacrifices of the pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment