Monday, April 18, 2022

Romans 16:1-2

I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people including me.

I commend to you our sister Phoebe 
2 Corinthians 3:1  Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you?
2 Corinthians 5:12  We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but we are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than what is in the heart.
2 Corinthians 10:12  We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
2 Corinthians 10:18  For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
2 Corinthians 12:11  I have made a fool of myself, but you drove me to it. I ought to have been commended by you, for I am not in the least inferior to the "super-apostles," even though I am nothing. 

a deacon of the church in Cenchreae 
Acts 18:18  Paul stayed on in Corinth for some time. Then he left the brothers and sisters and sailed for Syria, accompanied by Priscilla and Aquila. Before he sailed, he had his hair cut off at Cenchreae because of a vow he had taken.

I ask you to receive her in the Lord 
Philippians 2:29-30  So then, welcome him (Epaphroditus) in the Lord with great joy, and honor people like him, because he almost died for the work of Christ. He risked his life to make up for the help you yourselves could not give me.
 
in a way worthy of his people 
Acts 9:32  As Peter traveled about the country, he went to visit the Lord's people who lived at Lydda. 
Romans 15:25  Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the Lord's people.
Romans 16:15  Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the Lord's people who are with them.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment