Saturday, April 16, 2022

Romans 15:30-32 Part 2 of 2

I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Pray that I may be kept safe from the unbelievers in Judea and that the contribution I take to Jerusalem may be favorably received by the Lord's people there, so that I may come to you with joy, by God's will, and in your company be refreshed.

and that the contribution I take to Jerusalem 
Romans 15:25  Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the Lord's people there.
Acts 24:17  "After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings."

may be received favorably by the Lord's people there 
Acts 9:13  "Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem."
Acts 26:10  "And that is just what I did in Jerusalem. On the authority of the chief priests I put many of the Lord's people in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them."

so that I may come to you with joy 
Romans 1:9-10  God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
Romans 1:14-15  I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.

by God's will 
Acts 18:21  But as he left, he promised, "I will come back if it is God's will." Then he set sail from Ephesus.
James 4:15  Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

and in your company be refreshed 
1 Corinthians 16:18  For they refreshed my spirit and yours also. Such men deserve recognition.
Philemon 7  Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord's people.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment