Thursday, November 18, 2021

Romans 7:24-25

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
 
Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?
Romans 6:6-7  For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
Romans 8:1-2  Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
 
Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! 
2 Corinthians 2:14-16  But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? 
Romans 6:17  But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.
1 Corinthians 15:57  But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 9:15  Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law 
Romans 6:22  But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
1 Peter 2:16  Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God's slaves.

but in my sinful nature, a slave to the law of sin 
Romans 7:23  ... but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment