Sunday, September 3, 2017

Psalm 59:3-5

See how they lie in wait for me! Fierce men conspire against me for no offense of mine, LORD. I have done no wrong, yet they are ready to attack me. Arise to help me; look on my plight! You, LORD God Almighty, you who are the God of Israel, rouse yourself to punish all the nations; show no mercy to wicked traitors. 

Fierce men conspire against me 
Psalm 56:6  They conspire, they lurk, they watch my steps, hoping to take my life.

I have done no wrong 
Psalm 119:2-3  Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart--they do no wrong but follow his ways.

yet they are ready to attack me 
Matthew 5:11  "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."

Arise and help me; look on my plight! 
Psalm 13:3  Look on me and answer, LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, ...

LORD God Almighty, you who are the God of Israel 
Psalm 69:6  Lord, the LORD Almighty, may those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me.
Psalm 80:4  How long, LORD God Almighty, will your anger smolder against the prayers of your people?
Psalm 84:8  Hear my prayer, LORD God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob.

rouse yourself 
Psalm 44:23  Awake, Lord! Why do you sleep? Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever.

punish all the nations 
Psalm 9:5  You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
Isaiah 10:3  What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches?

show no mercy to wicked traitors 
Jeremiah 18:23  But you, LORD, know all their plots to kill me. Do not forgive their crimes or blot out their sins from your sight. Let them be overthrown before you; deal with them in the time of your anger.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment