Wednesday, January 21, 2015

GLORY Hebrews 5:5-6

In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father." (Psalm 2:7) And he says in another place, "You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." (Psalm 110:4)

Christ did not take on himself the glory  
John 8:54  Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me."

of becoming a high priest 
Hebrews 2:17  For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

But God said to him 
Hebrews 1:1-2  In the past God spoke to our ancestors through prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

"You are my Son; today I have become your Father" 
Psalm 2:7  I will proclaim the LORD's decree: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father."
Matthew 3:17  And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

"You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek" 
Hebrews 5:10  ... and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
Genesis 14:18  Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, ...
Hebrews 6:20  ... where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.
Psalm 110:4  The LORD has sworn and will not change his mind: "You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."

NOTE: Read Hebrews 7:1-21

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 

Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment