Monday, January 12, 2015

GLORY 2 Timothy 4:16-18 Part 2 of 2

At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.  

And I was delivered from the lion's mouth 
1 Samuel 17:37  "The LORD who rescued me (David) from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of the Philistine."
Psalm 22:21  Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen.
Daniel 6:22  "My God has sent his angel, and he shut the mouth of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty."
1 Corinthians 15:32  If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus with no more than human hopes, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die." (Isaiah 22:13)

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack 
Psalm 121:7-8  The LORD will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
2 Peter 2:9  ... if this is so (the rescue of Lot and his family from Sodom), then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom 
2 Timothy 4:1  In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, I give you this charge: ...

To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen 
Romans 11:36  For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be glory forever! Amen.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment