Friday, January 30, 2015

GLORY 1 Peter 5:4

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. 

And when the Chief Shepherd appears 
John 10:11  "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."
John 10:14-15  "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--I lay my life down for the sheep."
Psalm 23:1  The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
Isaiah 40:11  He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
Ezekiel 34:11  " 'For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.' "
Ezekiel 34:23  " 'I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd.' "
Hebrews 13:20  Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 2:25  For "you were like sheep going astray," (Isaiah 53:4-6) but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
Revelation 7:17  "For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; 'he will lead them to springs of living water.' (Isaiah 49:10) 'And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.' (Isaiah 25:8) "

you will receive the crown of glory 
1 Corinthians 9:25  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

that will never fade away 
1 Peter 1:3-5  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment