Wednesday, October 15, 2014

GLORY Mark 8:34-38

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me 
Matthew 10:38  "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
Luke 14:27  "And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple."

but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it 
John 12:25  "Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life."

the Son of Man 
Matthew 8:20  Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

will be ashamed of them 
Matthew 10:33  "But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."
Luke 12:8-9  "I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God."

when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels 
1 Thessalonians 2:19  For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment