Monday, September 2, 2013

TRUTH John 8:39-42 Part 2 of 2

"Abraham is our father," they answered. "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do what Abraham did. As it is you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father."  "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. " The only Father we have is God himself." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me."  

The only father we have is God himself 
Isaiah 63:16  But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.
Isaiah 64:8  Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

If God were your Father, you would love me 
1 John 5:1  Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

for I have come here from God 
John 13:3  Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God, and was returning to God; ...

I have not come on my own 
John 7:28-29  Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, "Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him, because I am from him and he sent me."

God sent me 
John 3:17  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment