Sunday, September 1, 2013

TRUTH John 8:39-42 Part 1 of 2

"Abraham is our father," they answered. "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do what Abraham did. As it is you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father."  "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. " The only Father we have is God himself." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me." 

If you were Abraham's children 
John 8:37  "I know that you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word."
Luke 3:8  "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham."

As it is you are looking for a way to kill me 
Matthew 12:14  But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

a man that has told you the truth that I heard from God 
John 8:26  "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."

You are doing the works of your own father 
John 8:38  "I'm telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father."
John 8:44  "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment