Monday, August 5, 2013

TRUTH Jeremiah 5:3 Part 1 of 2

LORD, do not your eyes look for truth? You struck them, but they felt no pain; you crushed them, but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than stone and refused to repent.

LORD, do not your eyes look for truth 
2 Chronicles 16:9  "For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."

you struck them, but they felt no pain 
Isaiah 9:13  But the people have not returned to him who struck them, nor have they sought the LORD Almighty.

you crushed them, but they refused correction 
Leviticus 26:23-24  " 'If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over.' "

They made their faces harder than stone 
Jeremiah 7:26  " 'But they did not listen to me or pay attention. They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their ancestors.' "
Jeremiah 19:15  "This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: 'Listen! I am going to bring on this city and all the villages around it every disaster I pronounced against them, because they were stiff-necked and would not listen to my words.' "
Ezekiel 3:8-9  "But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are. I will make your forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people."
Zechariah 7:12  "They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment