Sunday, August 4, 2013

TRUTH Jeremiah 5:1

"Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city."

Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem 
2 Chronicles 16:9  "For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."
Ezekiel 22:30  "I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one."

look around and consider 
Psalm 45:10  Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention: Forget your people and your father's house.

If you can find one person 
Genesis 18:32  Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?" He answered, "For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it."
Jeremiah 2:29  "Why do you bring charges against me? You have all rebelled against me," declares the LORD.

who deals honestly and seeks the truth 
Jeremiah 5:31  "The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end?"
Jeremiah 14:14  Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds."
Ezekiel 13:6  " 'Their visions are false and their divinations a lie. Even though the LORD has not sent them, they say, "The LORD declares," and expect him to fulfill their words.' "

I will forgive this city 
Genesis 18:24  "What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it?"

Additional verses:
Zephaniah 1:2  At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish those who are complacent, who are like wine left on the dregs, who think, "The LORD will do nothing, either good or bad."
Psalm 14:2-3  The LORD looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.
Isaiah 64:6-7  All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and have given us over to our sins.

Also see Hosea 4:1-2 and Micah 7:2

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment